Thursday 23 March 2017

Outrage at medics who tried to save the London terrorist

Outrage at medics who tried to save the London terrorist

 As the UK  comes to terms with a devastating terror attack in London yesterday which left three innocent people dead and 40 others injured,many have criticized the heroic doctors and paramedics who tried to save the terrorist .

Within minutes of the photograph of the terrorist being wheeled into an ambulance circulating on news websites and social media, people immediately started questioning why he was being saved.

According to Daily Mirror, one person wrote on Twitter
"The London terrorist is shot, on the ground and paramedics are trying to save him? WTH.... let the b*****d bleed out," 
Another said:
"Why was that terrorist b*****d treated by our paramedics and in one of our hospitals, they should have let him die where he lay."
It didn't work. He died later in hospital from his injuries - but they had to try.

Writing in an NHS Facebook group, Julie Ainsworth said:
"I keep seeing posts saying why were paramedics, and doctors trying to save the man accused of the atrocity yesterday, why didn't they just leave him.
"As a nurse I was taught my duty was not to judge but to treat."Everyone working in the NHS and the rest of the emergency services do this without hesitation no matter how we may be feeling because we are professional."I am proud of my fellow NHS colleagues who ran to help, I am proud of our ambulance colleagues who responded so quickly and I am proud of our police officers who have lost one of their work family."

Another nurse, Tess Evans-Stone, said:
 "I posted same sentiments on early post. I am here to care for people and save lives. I can not and will not let religion, colour and/or nationality decide that for me."

Katy Heppinstall added:
"Life is life no matter what and we are trained to treat everyone with the same care and compassion."

Daily Mirror  


0 comments: