Thursday 25 May 2017

Manchester bombing : Dad was waving to daughter as she was blown up by terro

Manchester bombing : Dad was waving to daughter as she was blown up by terro

A dad described rushing to his wounded 15-year-old daughter's aid after she was nearly killed in the Manchester Arena bombing.

David Robson was picking up Millie and her friend Laura from the Ariana Grande gig when the whole room went "white" as the rucksack bomb exploded.


Millie was left with savage injuries, including "holes" in her legs where shrapnel burnt through her skin.

Mr Robson, 54, who was waiting for the girls with his partner Jean Forster, told the Manchester evening news
"The next thing it was just this boom. It went. It was just white. It was surreal, it was just quiet.
"And I saw Millie at the bottom of the stairs and I just ran down to pick her up - Jean ran down to pick Laura up."

The teen, who had met Ariana before the show after winning VIP tickets, said): 
"I was in the foyer bit, I was just walking out to meet my dad because he was picking me and my friend up from the concert - and then it just went off behind me.


0 comments: